I love making lists. I love checking things off of lists. But I love lists that are never-ending. I like a list that always has something on it because, rather than being stressful that there’s still so much more left to do, it’s exciting that there’s still so much more left to do.
I can’t do everything, and that’s disappointing, but it’s also strangely comforting. I’ll never run out of new things to try. I’ll always have something left that I can do.
I moved to Atlanta for a job. My dad is originally from here, and his side of the family lives here, so I’ve grown up with Atlanta. But I still don’t feel like I’ve really seen Atlanta. I’m excited that I have this chance to finally get to know Atlanta, a city that I’ve loved from the outside my entire life.
I’m of the opinion that all great things begin with a list. And all great lists never end. But for now, we’ll start with just this simple Atlanta bucket list. Check back regularly to see my progress! Completed items will have links to my blog post about that specific trip so that you can learn more!
My Atlanta Bucket List:
- See a show at the Fox Theatre
- Take the Coca-Cola tour
- Shoot the Hooch
- Shoot a photo of ATL’s skyline from Freedom Parkway
- Run through the water fountain rings at Centennial Park
- Be merry at the Georgia Renaissance Festival
- Tour CNN
- Walk the Beltline
- Take the streetcar
- Visit Swan House
- See the city from SkyView Atlanta
- Visit Stone Mountian
- See the pandas at the zoo
- Go to the top of the Peachtree Plaza
- Attend the Atlanta Dogwood Festival
- Visit Fernbank Museum of Natural History
- Be terrified by the monsters at Netherworld Haunted House
- Check out the new Braves stadium
What’s on your bucket list? Let me know in the comments!