Ever since I can remember, I’ve loved bears. I imagine it began with a trip to Gatlinburg when I was knee-high to a grasshopper where, on a family stroll, we came across a bear. My mom, not heeding my dad’s advice to not move and stay calm, scooped up my brother and me and ran for her life. And I was there surely reaching out over her shoulder for the cuddly animal she so bafflingly was running from. That coupled with the fact that I was somehow coercing the daycare to send my favorite teddy bears home with me resulted in a life-long obsession with bears.
And since I love bears, I love traveling, and I love lists, this seems like the perfect time to create a Bear Bucket List of all the bear-themed places I want to see. Check back regularly to see my progress! Completed items will have links to my blog post about that specific trip so that you can learn more!
Here are all the travel destinations I’ve collected where you can view bears:
- Black bears at Wild Adventures
- Black bears at Wild Animal Safari
- Panda bear twins at the Atlanta Zoo
- Grizzly and black bear at Chestatee Wildlife Preserve & Zoo
- Black bears at Athens’ Bear Hallow Zoo
- Liberty Bear Sanctuary
- Maine Wildlife Park
- Yellowstone National Park
- Beijing Zoo
- Free the Bears
- Tasikoki Wildlife Rescue Center
- Churchill, Canada
- Regal Air Bear Viewing Tour
- 907 Tours – Wildlife Close Up
- Mlakar Guesthouse
- Chininta Bay
- Anan Bear and Wildlife Observatory
What’s on your bucket list? Let me know in the comments!