Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, I will receive a commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions are my own.
Tailwind has introduced its Ghostwriter AI that creates natural sounding Pinterest descriptions, Instagram captions, blog post content, and even email subject lines. Creating content for your travel blog has just gotten so much easier!
Artificial Intelligence (AI) ghostwriting tools are all over the internet these days. They’re great for when you’ve hit a wall with writer’s block, are tired of writing the same marketing material over and over again, or just need a new idea.
Google has finally admitted that it doesn’t mind AI-generated content for blog posts and articles, as long as the content is still useful and well-crafted. AI is also a super handy tool for social media descriptions and captions.
Tailwind’s Ghostwriter tool is incredibly helpful for creating catchy everything from blog post ideas to full articles, social media captions and Pinterest-optimized descriptions, and even email subject lines and marketing content that work. And everything can easily be edited to match your writing style.
What is Tailwind?
Tailwind is a great tool that works like a marketing team. It started as a Pinterest scheduling tool, but now they’ve branched out to Instagram scheduling, Facebook scheduling, social media content creation, a link-in-bio tool, email marketing, and their Copilot marketing plan to help you keep everything on track. Now, they’re branching out into AI-generated content.
What is Tailwind Ghostwriter?
Tailwind Ghostwriter is an AI marketing tool for writing blog content, Pin descriptions, Instagram captions, Facebook captions, video scripts, email content, and more.
It’s even a part of the Tailwind browser extension, so you can create engaging copy wherever you need it (in places like Google Docs, your newsletter provider, WordPress, and more).
You let the Ghostwriter know what you’re writing about, what the goal of your marketing is (whether that’s to sell a product or to educate your readers), specific keywords you want to include, and a call to action. And like magic, Ghostwriter creates content for you in a matter of seconds!
I was a little wary at first, but it actually does produce natural sounding copy. The grammar is perfect, and it even uses humor, emojis, metaphors, and other things a human would.
But if you don’t like something, you can just change it! Ghostwriter typically generates a few options for you to choose from, and I always like to go through and take a little something from each plus add my own spin to it to make the content sound like me.
Ghostwriter really streamlines your content creation process and makes you more efficient at creating content for your travel blog and social media channels.
Tailwind Ghostwriter is FREE with all plans. Sign up to Tailwind’s Free Forever Plan to get started.
How to Use Tailwind Ghostwriter from Drafts
Using Tailwind Ghostwriter from your Tailwind Drafts is really simple. The information you input will vary a little depending on if you’re creating a Pinterest, Instagram, or Facebook post, but I’ll make note of those instances below.
1. You’ll start a draft, or open an old one, like usual. If you’re starting a new draft, upload your content.
2. In the top right corner you’ll find a button that says Ghostwriter. Tap that to get started.
3. Enter the URL you want your pin directing to.
4. Choose what you’re posting about: A featured product; a promotion or sale; behind-the-scenes content; lifestyle content; or informational content. For my travel blog posts, I typically choose informational content. Sometimes I’ll have a post about a product or sponsor and can choose featured product or promotion or sale.
5. Under the next section, add the subject of your blog post. You can choose to add your entire blog post title, or keep it short to just your main keyword. Sometimes I find adding the entire post title helps add context to the AI.
6. Check the box to add keywords or phrases. It really doesn’t take much to help the AI out. Tailwind suggests adding 1-3 keywords.
7. You can check the box to add a call to action if you’d like. This just integrates it naturally into the AI text. It doesn’t usually change it too much from the wording you provide.
8. Click the Generate Descriptions button.
9. Now you have three Pin descriptions you can choose from. Use the arrows at the bottom to scroll through the descriptions. You can edit the description right there in the Pin Description box. If you don’t like what’s provided, you can click the Try again button to generate three new descriptions. When you’re happy with your description, click the Save Description button.
10. Your new Pin description will be added to your post. Now you can schedule your Pin using Tailwind as usual.
Ghostwriting your Instagram caption is very similar to creating a Pin description. Follow steps 1-2 above then continue.
3. Choose what you’re posting about: A featured product; a promotion or sale; behind-the-scenes content; lifestyle content; or informational content. My travel Instagram easily covers all of these content types.
4. Under the next section, add the subject of your Instagram post. For my example, I did the name of the book I was promoting. But for my general travel content, I might put something like the museum I visited or the city I was highlighting.
5. Check the box to add keywords or phrases. It really doesn’t take much to help the AI out. Tailwind suggests adding 1-3 keywords.
6. You can check the box to add a call to action if you’d like. This just integrates it naturally into the AI text. It doesn’t usually change it too much from the wording you provide.
7. Click the Generate Captions button.
8. Now you have three Instagram captions you can choose from. Use the arrows at the bottom to scroll through the descriptions. You can edit the description right there in the Facebook Caption box. If you don’t like what’s provided, you can click the Try again button to generate three new descriptions. When you’re happy with your description, click the Save Caption button.
9. Your new Facebook caption will be added to your post. Now you can schedule your Facebook post using Tailwind as usual.
Ghostwriting your Facebook caption is very similar to creating your other descriptions. Follow steps 1-2 above then continue.
3. Enter the subject that you’re writing about. For this example, I chose the subject of “winter in Bavaria”.
4. Click the Generate Captions button.
5. Now you have three Facebook captions you can choose from. Use the arrows at the bottom to scroll through the descriptions. You can edit the description right there in the Instagram Caption box. If you don’t like what’s provided, you can click the Try again button to generate three new descriptions. When you’re happy with your description, click the Save Caption button.
6. Your new Instagram caption will be added to your post. Now you can schedule your Instagram post using Tailwind as usual.
If you have access to Tailwind Email (it’s currently in Beta), you can use Ghostwriter to create catchy subject lines.
1. Navigate to the Email Marketing tab on your Tailwind sidebar.
2. Click Create a New Email. Alternatively, if you don’t have any campaigns and want to just test out the Ghostwriter, you’ll find a button that invites you to Try Ghostwriter.
3. If you’re creating a new email, select your template. A popup will activate where you can generate a subject line. If you’re not creating a campaign and are just testing out Ghostwriter, this popup will appear when you click Try Ghostwriter.
4. Select the purpose of your email campaign: Abandoned Cart; Back in Stock; Confirmation; Fundraising; Newsletter; Notification; Referral; Thank You; Transactional; Sale Announcement; or Welcome. Play around with the purposes to see which fits your subject best. For the types of newsletters I send for my travel blog, I like the Notification subject lines best.
5. Select your tone: Fun/Informal or Professional. I like the Fun/Informal overall. I do feel like they add too many emojis, though.
6. Depending on the purpose you selected, there may be other fields to fill out as well, like Discount Type, Product, or Topic. Fill these out as well.
7. Click the Generate button to create your subject line.
8. Your subject line will be generated. You can edit it as needed right there in the Subject line box.
9. If you’re creating a campaign, click Save & Continue to move on to the email content editor.
How to Use Ghostwriter from Tailwind AI Labs
Tailwind’s AI Labs section is currently in Beta, but if you have access to it, it’s a pretty cool section. Here, you can choose from a whole bunch of different AI copy generators beyond the ones described above.
For socials, you can generate Instagram captions, Facebook posts, Facebook posts from a specific blog or article, Pinterest Pin titles, Pin descriptions, Twitter tweets, tweets from a specific blog or article, hashtags, LinkedIn posts, a LinkedIn blog or article, and social content ideas.
For video creation, you can get TikTok video descriptions, YouTube video titles, YouTube video descriptions, YouTube video script outlines, a YouTube video hook and intro, YouTube video topic ideas, and a short video script for a problem/solution video.
For email, you can get email subject lines and email body copy using five different frameworks that are proven to convert.
If you sell products, you can use Ghostwriter to create a product name and product descriptions for Shopify, Etsy, Amazon, as well as general descriptions for any other platforms.
For your blogs and articles, you can create topic ideas, headlines, post outlines from a blog title, an opening paragraph, a conclusion paragraph, and get writer’s block help to generate the next paragraph based off what you’ve written. They even have a new Blog Creation Wizard that will take you from idea to full article in less than 3 minutes.
For SEO, Ghostwriter can help generate keywords and an optimized title and meta description for blog posts, a home page, a product page, and a service page.
Their copyeditor tools will help you summarize your content, improve your content using your existing text, simplify your content, expand your sentences, and proofread your blog post.
If you advertise on Google Ads or Facebook Ads, Ghostwriter can help you come up with compelling copy for those, too.
They also have open-ended text and image generators.
All you have to do is select your copy type, describe the copy you’d like to create in the space provided, and voila! You get natural-sounding and engaging copy in half the time it would take to write it yourself.
Get Access to Tailwind Ghostwriter
Start on the FREE Tailwind plan and to gain access to Tailwind Ghostwriter. It’s available for all plan levels, but each level provides a different number of credits.
On the Free plan, you’ll get 10 Ghostwriter Credits per month. With Pro, you’ll get 50 credits. On Advanced, you’ll get 250 credits. And on Max, you’ll get 500 credits.
Tailwind currently has 4 pricing plans:
- Forever Free: includes 20 posts per month to publish on Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook; 20 Tailwind Create posts per month; 5 Tailwind Communities with 30 submissions per month; and 10 Ghostwriter Credits per month.
- Pro Plan ($12.99 per month or $155.88 per year): includes 200 posts per month, 200 Tailwind Create posts per month, 5 Tailwind Communities with 30 submissions per month, and 50 Ghostwriter Credits per month.
- Advanced Plan ($19.99 per month or $239.88 per year): includes 2 Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook accounts; 1,000 posts to publish per month; unlimited Tailwind Create posts; unlimited access to Tailwind Communities; and 250 Ghostwriter Credits per month..
- Max Plan ($39.99 per month or $479.88 per year): includes 3 Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook accounts; unlimited publishing; unlimited Tailwind Create posts; unlimited access to Tailwind Communities; and 500 Ghostwriter Credits per month.
Take a look at more pricing details in the image below.
Grow Your Travel Blog With These Helpful Resources
- Tailwind: Manage your marketing with this all-in-one tool
- Canva: Graphic design software for creating eye-catching marketing images
- Must-have Legal Pages: Make sure you’re blogging legally
- How I Used Tailwind to Increase My Blog Traffic
Want to enhance your travel blog? Check out these tips.
- Protect your blog: Use these affordable legal templates to make sure you’re running your blog successfully and legally.
- Save time by scheduling: Schedule your Pinterest and Instagram posts with ease by using Tailwind.
- Use the right resources: Find all of my favorite travel blogging resources here.
Have you used Tailwind Ghostwriter to create content for your travel blog? Let me know in the comments!