Are you looking to start your own travel blog or to take your exiting blog to the next level? Make sure your travel blog is using the right resources.
Below, you’ll find Paige Minds The Gap’s favorite travel blogging resources including courses, tools, tips, and tricks to help you advance your blog.
Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, I will receive a commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions are my own.
Looking for this year’s Black Friday deals for travel bloggers? Click here!
My Top Travel Blogging Resources
Blogging takes time and commitment. If you want your travel blog to be successful, you have to really invest in it.
These are the blogging resources and tools I’ve found most helpful in building my successful travel blog.
Quick Start Your Travel Blog
Looking for the basics you need to start your blog quick? Here are the most important things you need for setting up your blog from Day 1.
- Domain Name — I recommend a .com domain from Namecheap. These domains are cheap and easy to set up.
- Hosting — I recommend the 105CC Shared Hosting plan from BigScoots. It’s cheap, easy-to-use hosting to get your travel blog off the ground. Use code PAIGE2 for $2 off your annual plan or the code PAIGE10 for 10% off your monthly plan.
- Theme — I recommend the Travel Pro theme from Blossom Themes for a simple yet beautiful travel blog design.
- Legal Pages — I recommend the Premium or VIP Legal Bundle from A Self Guru. These templates get you the most important legal pages you need as well as the contracts, disclaimers, and agreements you’ll need to do business as a blogger.
- Blog Speed Plugin — I recommend the Single plan from WP Rocket, a WordPress caching plugin that will boost your website’s loading time and keep your blog fast for better SEO ranking.
Blogging Basics for Setting Up Your Travel Blog
- 30 Days to Blogging Success — this course will provide you with a roadmap to starting and growing a money-making blog.
- BC Stack — each June, you can get 65+ digital products to help you build every piece of your business for a ridiculously low price.
- Blogging Bootcamp — this FREE five-day email course will teach you everything you need to know to start a money-making blog.
- Blog Niche Ideas — this FREE list contains 150+ profitable niche ideas to help you get started.
- Blog Theme — create a professional looking travel blog using the Travel Pro theme from Blossom Themes. You can fully customize your website without having to write a line of code!
Hot Deal: Get 18 premium themes for just $99.
- Domain name from Namecheap — get a top-level domain name for your site at a great price.
- Ditch The Daily Grind — this course will teach you how to turn your blog into a profitable business.
- First Month Blog Plan — this FREE checklist comes with 30 simple action items to do each day during your first month blogging.
- Hosting from BigScoots — get amazing, premium web hosting for your travel blog at a great price. Choose from Shared Hosting, Managed WordPress Hosting, VPS Hosting and more.
Deals & Discounts:
- Hosting from Namecheap — get amazing web hosting for your travel blog at a price you’ll love.
Deals & Discounts: Find the latest Namecheap promotions here.
- How To Start A Blog, Grow An Audience & Make Money — this course will teach you step-by-step how to create a purposeful brand and move from a content plan to monetization.
- Legal Templates — these legal templates include all the essential legal documents, contracts, and agreements that every blogger needs to run a blog successfully and legally. Each affordable legal template has been professionally written by a real lawyer. Learn more about the must-have legal pages for your blog here and learn about the most common legal templates bloggers need here.
- Niche Selection Secrets — this e-book will help you with the often difficult process of narrowing down a niche for your blog. Find the winning niche for your blog!
- Your Blogging Breakthrough — this course includes mindset-shifting resources and powerful planning tools to help set you up for blogging success.
- WP Rocket — this powerful WordPress caching plugin will boost your website’s loading time, improve your PageSpeed score, and optimize your Core Web Vitals. It’s a must-have for a fast-running blog!
Boosting Your Blog Traffic
- Custom Blog Audit — have your blog audited and find out exactly what you need to do to start seeing blog growth.
- Pinterest with Ell — this e-course teaches you how to set up and optimize your Pinterest profile, create appealing pins, and use the best strategies to boost your blog traffic through Pinterest. This course also teaches you how to use affiliate links on Pinterest so that you can start monetizing your travel blog.
- Profitable Travel Blog Makeover — this FREE course will help you seriously grow your blog traffic, community, and income, turning your travel blog into a profitable business in just 4 days.
- How to Increase Your Travel Blog Traffic in 2022 — make sense of the new Pinterest changes and learn the best strategies needed to seriously increase your travel blog traffic this year.
Making Money With a Travel Blog
Working With Brands
- Blogger Rate Card Template — this template is completely customizable and is designed to help you land paid brand campaigns.
- Brand Pitch Bundle — this course helps you master the art of pitching brands, and includes a list of 100+ brands that work with bloggers.
- Brand Pitch Success — get the important pieces of your brand pitch proposal critiqued and received actionable next steps.
- Custom Brand Proposal Template — this completely customizable template is designed to help you land paid brand campaigns.
- How To Land Paid Press Trips As A Travel Blogger — this course focuses on everything you need to know about landing and rocking paid press trips.
- How To Work With Brands (& Make Money) — this course teaches you everything from pitching to press trips to creating a blog brands want to work with.
- InfluenceKit Reports — this is my favorite tool for creating professional reports for all of my sponsored campaigns.
Learning Affiliate Marketing
- Amazon Affiliate Affluence — this e-book teaches you everything you need to know about making money as an Amazon affiliate. Increase your earnings, even with just a small blog.
- How To Make Money (Fast) With Affiliate Marketing — this course teaches you powerful affiliate marketing strategies.
- Profitable Affiliate Case Studies — this e-book makes affiliate marketing easy and teaches you six types of blog posts that make consistent affiliate sales.
Affiliate Programs for Travel Bloggers
- Affiliate Programs Master List — this FREE list compiles 250+ high-paying affiliate programs for bloggers.
- ShareASale — this affiliate network allows you to sign up for affiliate programs, promote products, and earn commission for many different travel companies, all in one convenient and easy-to-use place.
- Tinggly — become an affiliate of this “experience gift box” company and earn money by recommending worldwide travel adventures to your readers.
- TravelPayouts — this affiliate network is just for travel brands! You can sign up for travel-specific affiliate programs, promote travel products, and earn commissions in this easy-to-use platform.
Other Money-Making Techniques and Resources
- 30-Day Blog Profit Plan Calendar — monetize your blog in 30 days with this step-by-step profit planning calendar.
- Build Your Blogging Profit Plan — learn how to add income to your business every month with a simple but powerful profit planning system
- Get Paid to Pin — this e-book teaches you how to make money on Pinterest through affiliate marketing. Learn the basics of affiliate marketing and how to optimize your Pinterest strategy for affiliate sales.
- How To Create & Monetize A Membership Site — this course will help you learn how to grow your community and your income through a membership site.
- How To Host A Profitable Live Webinar — this course teaches you how to connect with your community while increasing your blog’s income.
- Podcaster‘s Kit — each October, you can get 41+ how-to products and master classes to help you grow your profitable podcast.
- Profitable Blog Bundle — this bundle of masterclasses helps you grow your blog’s income.
Influencer and Creator Platforms for Travel Bloggers
- Cooperatize — this influencer platform lets you work with brands for sponsored posts and make money with your blog.
- influence.co — this influencer marketing community allows you to connect with brands, connect with fellow influencers, and apply for collaborations and sponsored posts to earn money with your blog.
- Intellifluence — this influencer marketing community lets you work with brands on sponsored blog posts and social media campaigns.
- Linqia — this influencer platform lets you work with brands for sponsored posts and make money with your blog.
- News Break — join this Creator Platform to reach a wider audience with your articles. You’ll share in the ad revenue your articles earn and grow your authority and readership at the same time.
- ValuedVoice — this influencer platform lets you work with brands for sponsored posts and make money with your blog and social media.
Managing Your Social Media
- Canva for Graphics — this platform lets you create social media graphics. It’s great for creating appealing Pinterest graphics and blog title images.
- Customizable Pinterest Templates — these click-worthy Pinterest templates will help streamline your pin creation process and will help drive traffic to your blog posts.
- Direct.me for Social Media Links — this “link in bio” tool allows you to build your own landing page to drive traffic from your social media profiles to your travel blog.
- Facebook’s Scheduler for Business Accounts — with a business page on Facebook, you can easily schedule your posts for free. You’ll save a lot of time creating posts, and there’s no limit to how many posts you can schedule.
- TweetDeck for Twitter — this scheduling tool lets you easily manage your tweets. Since it’s Twitter’s own scheduler, there is no limit to how many tweets or how far in advance you can schedule.
- Tailwind for Instagram — this post scheduling tool allows you to easily manage your Instagram posting strategy. Schedule your posts and videos, get hashtag suggestions for each post, and always post at the most optimal times. Learn more about using Tailwind to grow your Instagram here.
- Tailwind for Pinterest — this post scheduling tool allows you to easily manage your Pinterest posting strategy. Schedule your pins for the most optimal times, connect with your community through Tailwind Tribes, and keep up with your analytics. Learn more about how using Tailwind for Pinterest helped me grow my blog traffic here.
Check back for updates and additional travel blogger resources!
Want to enhance your travel blog? Check out these tips.
- Protect your blog: Use these affordable legal templates to make sure you’re running your blog successfully and legally.
- Save time by scheduling: Schedule your Pinterest and Instagram posts with ease by using Tailwind.
- Use the right resources: Find all of my favorite travel blogging resources here.