I’ve just been honored with the Blogger Recognition Award! This is my first award, so I’m super excited!
What is the Blogger Recognition Award?
The Blogger Recognition Award is given to bloggers by bloggers who appreciate the hard work, dedication and vast amount of hours we all put into each and every post, as well as keeping the website current and updated. I was nominated by Leslie at Traveling Curiosity. Leslie has recently moved to South Korea to teach English, so her blog is about all those little curiosities of life, from being an expat to books to culture to languages. Thanks so much, Leslie, for this nomination!
How My Blog Got Started
I started Paige Minds The Gap in 2013 for my semester study abroad in Harlaxton, England. I wanted a name that represented my British travels, so naturally I was drawn to the London Underground’s “mind the gap.” It was just a small Tumblr blog mostly meant to keep my family updated on my adventures, and there were a lot since we had three-day weekends every week to encourage traveling. My blog was back in full swing when I studied abroad again in the summer of 2014, this time in Galway, Ireland. When I got home from that trip, I kept blogging about my travels at home, even though they weren’t as plentiful or as exciting.
Last year when I moved to Atlanta, I switched my blog to WordPress and bought a domain, and I’ve been seriously blogging ever since!
Two Pieces of Advice for New Bloggers
- Set yourself a schedule. Figure out how much time you can commit to writing, and commit to it. We are creatures of habit, so scheduling your writing time will help you stick to it. It’s easier not to get distracted when you have a schedule to stick to.
- Take a break every now and then. I love writing, I live for it, but some days I just don’t want to sit down and put words together. If I have to force my writing, it’s not going to be my best writing, and if I’m forcing myself to write too much then I’ll start to hate doing it. Blogging should be fun. Writing should be fun. But you’ve gotta let yourself step away from it every so often.
My Nominees for the Blogger Recognition Award
You should definitely check out these bloggers!
- The Tightwad Tourist
- Wayfaring Sarah
- Adventuress On the Run
- Love Travelling
- Chasa Travels
- The Wild Wayfarer
- the Red Phone Box travels
- Wandering Dawgs
- Globe Trotters: When Pigs Fly
- Wanderlust Calls
- Wanderer of the World
- Pictures & Plane Tickets
The Blogger Recognition Award Rules
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created.