Planning a visit to the beautiful state of Georgia? Then you’re in the right place! Check out my Georgia Travel Guide resources.
From the lush marshes of Coastal Georgia to the mountains of North Georgia, there is something for everyone.
Whether you’re a fan of history, culture, food, or the great outdoors, you’ll find plenty to do in Georgia.
To help you plan your perfect trip to Georgia, find my helpful resources below.
Essential Georgia Travel Guides
Is this your first time to Georgia? Start here with these essential guides designed to help you navigate planning your trip.
Want more tips on where to visit in each of Georgia’s regions. Continue reading for even more helpful Georgia posts!
Explore Atlanta, the capital of Georgia! Check out the posts below for all the best things to do in Atlanta.
More Things to Do in Atlanta
- Visiting Zoo Atlanta on a Rainy Day
- How to Shoot the Hooch
- What You Need to Shoot the Hooch
- Literary Places in Atlanta That Book-Lovers Will Love
- Vineyards Near Atlanta: 4 Vineyards Less Than an Hour from Atlanta
- How Eco-Friendly are Atlanta Attractions?
- A Royal Wedding at Medieval Times Dinner & Tournament
- What’s Up With the 54 Columns in Old Fourth Ward
- Where to Find Volunteer Opportunities in Atlanta, Georgia
- Tips for Visiting Red Top Mountain State Park
- Tips for Visiting Sweetwater Creek State Park
- A Fun Day Out in Downtown Roswell, Georgia
- Visiting Big Door Vineyards in White, Georgia
- Biking the Silver Comet Trail
- A Fun Mystery Picnic Date in Roswell, Georgia
- Visiting Rhodes Hall in Atlanta, Georgia
- Visiting the Medieval Times “Atlanta Castle” in Atlanta, Georgia
- Visiting Cagle Castle in Atlanta, Georgia
- What You Need to Know about Visiting the Marietta Square Market
- I Fed a Panda Bear at Zoo Atlanta and It Was the Best Birthday Ever
- Getting’ Tipsy at Atlanta’s Urban Tree Cidery
- Family Stories of The Fox Theatre
- Operation City Quest – Atlanta Review
- 9 Virtual Ways to Experience Atlanta Attractions
- Inside BODIES The Exhibition at Atlantic Station
Want to learn all about Atlanta?
Check out my new book, What’s With Atlanta?: The Quirks, Personality, and Charm of the ATL.
Whether you’re a local or are just passing through, this entertaining guide will answer all of your Atlanta questions.
North Georgia Mountains
Escape to the mountains of North Georgia! The North Georgia Mountains are perfect for outdoorsy adventures, wineries, and exploring quaint small towns.
Georgia’s coast has over 100 miles of beaches, remote barrier islands, and exciting resort towns. See what Coastal Georgia has to offer in the posts below.
Head to the Heart of Georgia for everything from museums to wildlife. See what all Middle Georgia has to offer in the posts below.
Life slows down in South Georgia where you can explore the state’s agricultural history and rural small towns. See what South Georgia has to offer in the posts below.
Georgia Travel FAQ
The state of Georgia is a great place to visit! The state has everything from beaches to cities to mountains to vineyards. You can find so much history, shopping, culture, food, events, and festivals in Georgia.
Spring and fall are the best times to visit Georgia. The weather isn’t too hot, there are tons of festivals in the spring and Halloween events in the fall all around the state. And travel is typically cheaper during these seasons than in the summer, so you can save on flights and accommodations.
The most visited place in Georgia is Atlanta, the state’s capital. And in Atlanta is what’s considered Georgia’s most visited attraction – Stone Mountain Park.
Hurricane season lasts from June through November. Typically, hurricane season is worse in Georgia toward the end of the season.
Decatur, a suburb of Atlanta, is one of the most walkable cities in Georgia.
Downtown Covington has been called the Prettiest Small Town in Georgia. In fact, it’s beautiful square has been used as a set for many movies and TV shows.
Ready to take a vacation? Plan your trip with these tips.
- Find cheap accommodation: Use my tips for finding cheap accommodation for travel every time.
- Book your flight: Find the cheapest flights using Skyscanner, my favorite flight search engine.
- Pack for your vacation: Make sure you’ve packed everything you need by checking out my packing list resources.
Share this post on Pinterest!
What would you add to this Georgia Travel Guide?