Atlanta is a great place to explore after dark! There are tons of things to do in Atlanta at night, whether you’re looking for a unique date night activity or some after-hours sightseeing.
Whether you’re visiting Atlanta on business and still want to be able to see the city after work, or you live in Atlanta and are looking for a fun weekday date night activity, there are lots of things to do at night in Atlanta.
And it’s not all just bars and clubs! Plenty of Atlanta tourist attractions and top sights are open late, and there are so many other fun activities ranging from putt-putt golf to escape rooms that are great for both kids and adults.
I’ve scoured the city and have found plenty of fun nighttime things to do in Atlanta after 5 p.m. for both locals and tourists!
Top Things to Do in Atlanta at Night
Atlanta Tourist Attractions Open Late
Sure, most of Atlanta’s tourist hot spots close down right at 5 p.m. on weekdays, but some stay open later or have special night events that you can take advantage of. You can continue to be a tourist well into the night!
These Atlanta attractions are open later so you may be able to visit after the work day is done!
- Oakland Cemetery — open until dusk
- LEGO Discovery Center — open until 6 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays (and keep an eye out for extended hours around school holiday breaks!)
- Atlanta Botanical Garden — hours can vary seasonally; typically open until 6 p.m. in the winter and fall, until 8 p.m. in spring and early fall, and until 9 p.m. in summer
- Georgia Aquarium — hours can vary seasonally; typically open until 6 p.m. in the winter and fall, until 8 p.m. in spring and early fall, and until 9 p.m. in summer
- City Lights Atlanta Night Tour — tours depart at 7 p.m.
- World of Coca-Cola — hours can vary seasonally; typically open until 7 p.m. on Fridays-Sundays and all week during the summer
- David J. Sencer CDC Museum — open until 7 p.m. on Thursdays
- Fernbank Science Center — open until 9 p.m. on Thursdays-Fridays with Planetarium shows at 7 p.m. and 8 p.m.
- SkyView Atlanta — open until 10 p.m. on Sundays-Thursdays and until 11 p.m. on Fridays-Saturdays
- Underground Atlanta — open from 6 p.m. to 12 a.m. on Sundays and from 6 p.m. to 2 a.m. on Tuesday-Saturday
- Stone Mountain Park — park open until midnight; attraction times vary by day
- ATL Cruzer Segway Tours — seasonal evening hours for certain tours
- Six Flags Over Georgia — times vary by day, but typically open later in the height of summer
- Six Flags White Water — times vary by day, but typically open until 7 p.m. during the height of summer
Atlanta Tourist Attractions Open 24 Hours
These Atlanta attractions never close — mostly because they’re public spaces you wouldn’t normally think of as attractions. But that’s great because not only are they open late, they’re free as well!
Atlanta Date Night Activities
I consider all of Atlanta’s tourist sights to be great for date nights too, so I won’t re-list those here. Atlanta is such a romantic destination!
There’s plenty of other late-night fun to be had in Atlanta on a weeknight beyond just going out for dinner and drinks. Check out these activities that are open late.
- Spray Paint and Sip at Studio W.I.P. — sessions at 6 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. on Wednesdays-Fridays, at 5 p.m. on Sundays, and at 5 p.m. and 7 p.m. on Saturdays
- Illuminarium — open until 11 p.m. on Fridays and until 9:30 p.m. on Sundays
- Illuminarium After Dark — open for 21+ on select dates from 6:30 p.m. to 12 a.m. on Fridays-Saturdays and to 9:30 p.m. on Sundays
- Shakespeare Tavern Playhouse — shows at 7:30 p.m. on Thursdays-Saturdays
- iFLY Atlanta Indoor Skydiving — open until 6:30 p.m. on Mondays-Tuesdays, until 7:30 p.m. Wednesdays-Thursdays, until 8 p.m. on Fridays and Sundays, and until 9 p.m. on Saturdays
- Candlelight Concerts — various dates and locations, typically at 7 p.m. and 9 p.m.
- Time to Escape — open until 10:30 p.m. on Sundays-Thursdays and until 11:30 p.m. on Fridays-Saturdays (Brookhaven) or until 10:30 p.m. on Sundays-Thursdays and until 11:45 p.m. on Fridays-Sundays (Downtown)
- SkyView Atlanta — open until 10 p.m. on Sundays-Thursdays and until 11 p.m. on Fridays-Saturdays
- Skyline Park — hours vary by season; typically open until 10 p.m. on Sundays-Wednesdays, until 11 p.m. on Thursdays, and until midnight on Fridays-Saturdays
- Mastermind Escape Games Atlanta — open until 10 p.m. on Sundays-Thursdays and until midnight on Fridays-Saturdays
- Paranoia Quest Escape Room — open until 10 p.m. daily
- Your 3rd Spot — open until 10:30 p.m. on Sundays, until 11 p.m. on Mondays-Wednesdays, until 11:30 p.m. Thursdays, and until 1:30 a.m. on Fridays-Saturdays (21+ every night after 5 p.m.)
- Andretti Indoor Karting & Games — open until 11 p.m. on Mondays-Thursdays, until midnight on Sundays, and until 1 a.m. Fridays-Saturdays
- The Escape Game Atlanta — open until midnight daily
- The Painted Pin — open until midnight on Sundays-Thursdays and until 2 a.m. on Fridays-Saturdays
- TopGolf — open until 11 p.m. on Sundays-Thursdays and until 1 a.m. on Fridays-Saturdays
- AMC Movie Theatres — showtimes vary by day
- Starlight Drive-In Theatre — showtimes vary by day
- Painting With a Twist — times vary by day
- Sip n Strokes — times vary by day
Special Late-Night Events in Atlanta
Some of Atlanta’s iconic attractions are open for special late night fun. This side of Atlanta’s nightlife is often educational and is always a lot of fun. Check out these late-night activities that allow you to enjoy Atlanta attractions after dark.
- Atlanta Botanical Garden — Cocktails in the Garden, Concerts in the Garden, Garden Lights Holiday Nights, and more
- Zoo Atlanta — Sippin’ Safari, Member Nights, and more
- Fernbank Natural History Museum — Fernbank After Dark, Fernbank Forest Night Walk, and more
- Georgia Aquarium — Sips Under the Sea, Yoga by the Water, and more
- High Museum of Art — Friday Jazz, Evening for Educators, and more
- Six Flags Over Georgia — Fright Fest and Holiday In The Park
- Stone Mountain Park — Lasershow Spectacular, Stone Mountain Christmas, and more
- The Fox Theatre — Ghost Tours
- Computer Museum of America — Bytes & Brews
Atlanta Markets and Food Halls
Food halls are all the rage in Atlanta! Check out these awesome food halls and markets that are open late for food and shopping.
- Ponce City Market — open until 6 p.m. on Sunday and until 9 p.m. on Monday-Saturday
- Chattahoochee Food Works — open until 9 p.m. on Sunday-Thursday and until 10 p.m. on Friday-Saturday
- Krog Street Market — open until 9 p.m. on Sunday-Thursday and until 10 p.m. on Friday-Saturday
- Marietta Square Market — open until 9 p.m. on Sunday-Thursday and until 10 p.m. on Friday-Saturday
- Politan Row at Colony Square — open until 9 p.m. on Sunday, until 10 p.m. on Monday-Thursday, and until 11 p.m. on Friday-Saturday
- The Collective Food Hall @ Coda — open until 9:30 p.m. daily
- PH’EAST — open until 11 p.m. on Sunday-Thursday and until midnight on Friday-Saturday
- Olive + Pine — open until 11 p.m. daily
- Alcohall at Pullman Yards — open until 11:30 p.m. on Wednesdays-Sundays
- Southern Feedstore — open until midnight on Sundays-Thursdays and until 4 a.m. on Fridays-Saturdays
Have you considered a park for a late-night activity? Many of Atlanta’s gorgeous parks are open until late at night so you can go for a stroll and take in the city in a different light.
- Centennial Olympic Park — open until 11 p.m.
- Piedmont Park — open until 11 p.m.
- Woodruff Park — open until 11 p.m.
- Folk Art Park — open until 11 p.m.
- Historic Fourth Ward Park — open until 11 p.m.
- Grant Park — open until 11 p.m.
For Concerts and Shows in Atlanta
Atlanta is full of venues to see a show — whether a play, a musical, or a concert. Head over to these iconic theatres and venues for some late night fun any day of the week.
Free Things to Do in Atlanta At Night
Looking for a fun night out in Atlanta that won’t break the bank? Atlanta has tons of free things to do at night. Here are just a few suggestions:
- Visit any of Atlanta’s parks
- Stroll through Oakland Cemetery (especially good for a Halloween-season date night!)
- Walk the Atlanta Beltline and enjoy the public art
- Look for the Tiny Doors
- Do a nighttime photoshoot at Jackson Street Bridge
- Explore Underground Atlanta
- Check out the seasonal free events at Atlantic Station
- Attend a free outdoor movie at various spots around town in the summer
Whether you’re in town for a long weekend or just looking for a way to spice up your nightlife, there is a wide variety of free things to do in Atlanta at night to choose from.
Note: All times given are correct as of writing, but sometimes attractions change their hours; please make sure to double-check the hours of operation on the day of your visit so you aren’t caught by surprise!
Atlanta at Night FAQ
What are the best things to do in Atlanta at night for adults?
For adults, some of the best things to do in Atlanta at night include exploring the vibrant nightlife in areas like Buckhead and Midtown, enjoying live music at iconic venues, and indulging in the city’s diverse culinary scene with trendy restaurants and bars.
What are the best nightlife areas or neighborhoods in Atlanta?
Some popular nightlife areas in Atlanta include Buckhead, Midtown, and Edgewood Avenue.
Are there any popular live music venues or clubs to visit in Atlanta at night?
Yes, Atlanta has renowned music venues like The Tabernacle, Variety Playhouse, and Terminal West that offer live performances at night.
Are there any specific events or festivals that take place in Atlanta during the evening hours?
Atlanta hosts various evening events and festivals throughout the year, such as the Atlanta Jazz Festival, Atlanta Film Festival, and the Atlanta BeltLine Lantern Parade.
What are some family-friendly activities available in Atlanta at night?
Families can enjoy activities like visiting the Georgia Aquarium‘s evening events, exploring the Atlanta Botanical Garden during special evening events, or attending outdoor movie screenings in parks.
Are there any scenic spots or viewpoints in Atlanta that are particularly captivating at night?
The Jackson Street Bridge and the SkyView Atlanta Ferris Wheel offer stunning nighttime views of the Atlanta skyline.
What are some popular sports or entertainment venues in Atlanta that offer nighttime events?
The State Farm Arena, home to the Atlanta Hawks basketball team, and Mercedes-Benz Stadium, home to the Atlanta Falcons football team and the Atlanta United soccer team, often host evening games and concerts.
Are there any guided tours or excursions that operate in Atlanta at night?
Are there any special discounts or deals available for nighttime activities in Atlanta?
I recommend to check with specific venues or websites for any ongoing promotions or discounts on nighttime activities in Atlanta.
What are some safety tips or precautions to keep in mind when exploring Atlanta at night?
Some safety tips include staying in well-lit and populated areas, being aware of your surroundings, and using reliable transportation options like taxis or rideshare services.
Things to Do in Atlanta at Night Map
Want to easily plan your evening in Atlanta, Georgia? Check out the map below for all the Atlanta locations open late listed in this post.
So, grab your friends and get ready to explore these 50+ thins to do in Atlanta at night!
Craving More Atlanta Activities?
If you need more things to do while visiting Atlanta, check out these top posts:
- The Best Rooftop Bars in Atlanta
- Ultimate Guide to Visiting Atlanta, Georgia
- How the Atlanta CityPASS Can Save You Lots of Money
Ready to visit Atlanta, Georgia? Plan your trip with these tips.
- Get Familiar With the City: Check out my Ultimate Guide to Atlanta to help plan your trip!
- Book Your Flight: Find the cheapest flights using Skyscanner, my favorite flight search engine.
- Find Accommodation: You can find top hotels in Atlanta using Booking.com.
- Save on Attractions: Save 44% on admission to Atlanta’s top attractions using the Atlanta CityPASS.
Exploring Atlanta after 5 p.m.? Let me know which of these things to do in Atlanta at night you’re most excited about!