A wonderful fellow blogger has just nominated me for the Liebster Award!
My blog has been nominated for the Liebster Award by Charlie at Reaching 30 Before 30! The Liebster Award is an award given from blogger to blogger that helps spread the the blogging love. Liebster is a German word that translates to “dearest,” so check out dearest Charlie’s blog and the other blogs at the end of this post!
The rules for the Liebster Award:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and answer their 11 questions
- Nominate 11 other bloggers
- Ask your nominees 11 questions
- Let your nominees know that you’ve nominated them
So let’s get started! Here are the questions Charlie asked:
1. Which country has most inspired you?
Ireland. There’s just something about it that keeps drawing me in. When I wanted to do a summer study abroad in college for a few credits, I had to write an essay about why this program, why here, and I wrote about the storyteller tradition in Ireland, and I don’t think I was entirely BS-ing that essay. Ireland inspires me to write.
2. What do you hope to achieve from your blog?
I write this blog so that I can look back on my travels, so that I can write on my own terms, and so that I can help others in their travels even just the littlest bit.
3. What two things can you not leave the house without?
My prescription sunglasses, which have opened up a whole new world of seeing things clearly while not having to squint into the sun. And my phone, especially now that I have a phone with a working camera because I love taking pictures.
4. Has a particular blogger inspired you?
My friend Katy at The Tightwad Tourist. I honestly hadn’t even thought about blogging or travel writing until she said she was creating a blog for our study abroad in college, so she inspired me to start.
5. Where do you want to be in the next two years?
I love being based out of Atlanta, so ultimately I want to still be here! But also on a cross-country train trip because that’s what Kevin and I have planned for our big trip in a couple years.
6. What is your favorite childhood memory?
Practically every night at dinner, my brother would make me laugh so hard that I would have to run out of the kitchen and stand in another room until I could compose myself enough to not choke on the bite I’d just taken or not spew milk out my nose. He didn’t have to make a joke or say anything funny, sometimes he would just look at me and I’d crack up. And inevitably, when I walked back into the room, he’d make me laugh again and I’d have to run out of the room again.
7. What is your favorite post you have written?
I can’t pick just one! I’ll pick two because both of these days were just so much fun, and I think how much fun I had translates well into how I wrote about the trips. Sibling Shenanigans With Panda Bear Siblings because my brother and I have a lot of fun on our Sibling Shenanigan adventures, and because panda bears. And Climbing Mayan Ruins in Mexico because this whole excursion was inspired by that one Nancy Drew game that I played like 15 years ago.
8. Is there a quote that inspires you?
“This is how you do it: you sit down at the keyboard and you put one word after another until its done. It’s that easy, and that hard.” — Neil Gaiman
9. What is the best bit of advice you have been given?
Probably just to write every day. It doesn’t have to be a lot and it doesn’t have to be meaningful. But writing a little every day helps hone your skill and your creativity.
10. If you could be invisible for a day, what would you do?
I’d get real snoopy real fast. I’d just walk into people’s houses, like big mansion houses, and just start snooping through their stuff. It would be my own personal tour of homes.
11. Where would you like to visit next?
Everywhere. Every time I think of a place, a think of another one as well. Machu Picchu, Japan, Ireland, everywhere.
Here are my questions for my nominees:
- How and when did you start blogging?
- What’s the first big trip you remember taking?
- What’s your dream travel destination and why?
- What is your most and least favorite thing about blogging?
- What’s your favorite travel photo you’ve taken?
- Do you travel with physical books or digital books?
- How do you promote your blog?
- Do you prefer to travel solo or with others?
- What do you like to collect from your travels?
- Which place that you’ve traveled to has had the best food?
- What’s your next trip?
My nominees are…
- The Tightwad Tourist
- Traveling Curiosity
- Chasa Travels
- Wandering Dawgs
- Girl Astray
- seesaw travels
- Wayfaring Sarah
- Alex Getting Lost
- Rich Living, Less Spending
- The Travel Tech’s Wife
- Wanderlust Calls
Thanks again to Charlie for nominating me! Don’t forget to check out all of these wonderful blogs, and have a great New Year!