Interning abroad is a wonderful way to see the world while gaining experience that can boost your career. London, England is one of the best cities for young professionals. Find out why you should intern abroad in London.
London is an enticing city for travelers and professionals alike. Those who want to expand their horizons and travel the world without taking a career break will love the opportunity to intern abroad in London.
Below you’ll find some of the best reasons to take an internship in London.
5 Reasons to Intern Abroad in London
1. London is a major international business hub
London is a major player in the global economy. It is home to the headquarters of many major international businesses across a diverse list of industries.
Whether you’re interested in an internship in finance, publishing, marketing, fashion, or anything in between, you’ll find the right opportunity in London.
2. You’ll be immersed in a multi-cultural city
London is a global city with a mix of many different cultures. You’ll have the opportunity to meet people from all around the globe, which can help you gain a new perspective on the world.
London is the most linguistically diverse city in the world, with approximately 300 languages spoken. A vibrant and multi-cultural city, London has an endless amount of diverse cuisines, events, and activities for you to experience.
3. There’s plenty to do in London
You’ll never be bored in London. This city has some of the world’s best museums, from the British Museum to the Natural History Museum to the Tate Modern. Theatre-lovers will enjoy Central London’s West End where you can see world-class plays and musicals on-stage.
You could spend months just exploring all of London’s top sights. There’s always something going on in London, whether you’re interested in music festivals, seeing a show, or checking out the hottest new restaurant or bar.
4. You can travel widely
London is a great home-base for those who want to see more of the world while they intern abroad. There are 6 major international airports connecting London to the rest of the world. And with the country’s expansive rail system, you can explore more of England, Scotland, and Wales on day trips and weekend getaways.
While interning in London, you’ll have easy access to popular European destinations as well as the rest of the UK.
5. A London internship will look great on your resume
An internship abroad in London will make your resume stand out among other applicants. An international internship shows potential employers that you are well-rounded, able to adjust to unfamiliar environments, and are confident making cross-cultural connections.
With your newly acquired foreign business experience, personal and professional connections, and industry experience, you’ll have a leg up on the competition. Your international work experience will impress any company you apply to!
More London Travel Tips
See more of what London, England has to offer with these fantastic itineraries:
- A Self-Guided WWII History Tour of London, England
- 11 Free Things To Do and See in London
- 5 Pubs in London’s Pimlico Neighborhood
- Dine Out at the Top London Restaurants with Outdoor Seating
- 10 Incredible Day Trips from London, England
Ready to visit London, England? Plan your trip with these tips.
- Book Your Flight: Find the cheapest flights using Skyscanner, my favorite flight search engine.
- Find Accommodation: You can find top hotels in London using Booking.com.
- Start Packing: Check out my packing list resources so you’re prepared for your trip.
- Get a Guide Book: Check out the guide books from Fodor’s, Lonely Planet, or Rick Steves for in depth info about traveling to London.
- Save on Attractions: Save up to 55% on admission to London’s top attractions using the Go City London pass.
Are you considering an internship abroad in London? Let me know in the comments!