San Antonio has a plethora of bars to keep your bar crawl filled to the brim. Check out these five places for a delicious cocktail or a craft beer next time you’re in San Antonio, Texas.
Top Bars in San Antonio, Texas
1. The Esquire Tavern
The Esquire Tavern has been an San Antonio watering hole since 1933 when it opened to celebrate the end of Prohibition.
Upstairs, The Esquire has the longest wooden bar in Texas — over 100 feet to rest your drink on. And in the dark and cozy downstairs, directly off the River Walk, are craft cocktails and small bites.
2. Menger Bar
The Menger Bar, attached to the swanky Menger Hotel, was built in 1887 as an exact replica of the House of Lords Pub in London. This vintage piece of San Antonio features dark cherry wood paneled ceilings, mirrors imported from France, and the establishment’s original brass spittoons.
Theodore Roosevelt even recruited his Rough Riders here before the Spanish-American War, so you can drink knowing you’re fully engulfed in San Antonio history.
3. Ambler at Hotel Contessa
The seating is incredibly comfortable. One of the seating options is even a couch-bed hybrid perfectly designed to keep you snuggled up there all night.
4. Copa Wine Bar
Located in the Stone Oak area of San Antonio, Copa Wine Bar is an intimate place for sipping on wine and sampling cheese.
Copa Wine Bar has a varied selection of European and domestic wines, which can be sampled in one of the bar’s many pre-selected flights, and a spread of delicious tapas.
5. Chart House
Have your drinks with a view at the Chart House in the top of San Antonio’s Tower of the Americas.
Just over the Chart House’s rotating restaurant is the stationary bar level with one of San Antonio’s top happy hours and views of the Alamo City from 750 feet in the air.
More Things to Do in San Antonio
Discover more of what San Antonio, Texas has to offer with these itineraries:
- 8 Free Things to Do in San Antonio, Texas
- 5 Restaurants to Try in San Antonio, Texas
- 13 Chillingly Haunted Spots in San Antonio, Texas
Ready to visit San Antonio, Texas? Plan your trip with these tips.
- Book your flight: Find the cheapest flights using Skyscanner, my favorite flight search engine.
- Find accommodation: You can find top hotels in San Antonio using Hotels.com.
- Get packing: Make sure you’ve packed everything you need with my packing list resources.
- Explore San Antonio in a New Way: Enjoy a Mystery Picnic in San Antonio to discover more of the city.
- Save on Attractions: Save up to 55% on admission to top San Antonio attractions using the Go City San Antonio pass.
What are your favorite bars in San Antonio, Texas? Let me know in the comment section below!