Huntsville, Alabama is really bursting with Christmas spirit this year with a festive popup bar. Check out my review of Miracle at MidCity, the Christmas-themed popup bar that has taken over The Camp for the month of December.
What is Miracle at MidCity?
Miracle at MidCity is a temporary, Christmas-themed popup bar that is taking over The Camp from Wednesday, November 22, 2023 through Sunday, December 24, 2023.
My family and I popped in on opening night their first year in business to check it out!
Miracle at MidCity Popup Bar Review
Miracle at MidCity gives you a festive overload of holiday cheer the moment you step in The Camp. From the decorations to the drinks to the music, everything is set up to be as cozy and as kitschy as can be.
They have all different types of seating set up. Where you get seated mostly depends on how big your party size is. Bigger parties, for instance, get the cozy couches next to a fake fireplace scene. Our party of four got a low table with bar stools, which wasn’t the most comfortable. But it’s just a toss up for what you’ll get.
There are also plenty of space heaters all around to keep you cozy and warm while you enjoy the open-air concept. It’s not like Alabama gets too cold, so the all-outdoor seating shouldn’t be a problem this winter.
Drinks and Treats
We all enjoyed our festive cocktails. Each one came in a different fun glass, which you can actually purchase if you want. Here’s what all we tried:
The Christmapolitan, made with vodka, elderflower, dry vermouth, spiced cranberry sauce, rosemary, lime, and absinthe mist.
The Jingle Balls Nog, made with cognac, cream sherry, almond milk, cream, egg, vanilla, and nutmeg.
And the Yippie Ki Yay Mother F****r!, made with a blend of three rums, ube and coconut orgeat, and pineapple juice.
We also ordered one of their charcuterie boards, the Mrs. Claus Charcuterie. This came with a cheddar cheese ball, roast beef slices, brie, apricot jam, salami, grapes, candied pecans, and bread crisps.
Throughout the month, Miracle at MidCity will have a special menu of Christmas-themed cocktails, holiday music on repeat, festive events, and plenty of festive holiday décor.
You can reserve comfy seating or even a private space just for your party.
Their drink menu has even more festive flavors and drinks that come in fun mugs (like a SanTaRex Mug or a Christmas Carol Barrel). They have a Naughty Shot and a Nice Shot, too.
Their food menu has entrees like burger, sliders, shrimp, and a salad. And don’t forget the sweets! You can choose from bread pudding, cookies, and s’mores.
What to Know Before Visiting Huntsville’s Christmas-Themed Popup Bar
- The popup bar is all outdoors. We love an open-air dining and drinking experience, but it also means you’ll need to plan around the weather!
- Reservations are not required. But you may want to make one to ensure you have a spot without having to wait.
- They are pet and family friendly. Sure, they’re serving drinks, but you can still bring along the kiddos and the doggos. This might be your perfect photo op for your Christmas card this year!
- Food trucks are serving meals. The Camp’s food trucks will be serving a special menu if you want food to go along with your meal.
- Free parking. Parking is free at The Camp and in the MidCity District, but don’t park at the Holiday Inn next door as that parking is reserved for guests.
- Hours: Tu-Th: 4 p.m. — 9 p.m.; F-Sat: 11 a.m. — 11 p.m.; and Sun: 11 a.m. — 8 p.m. Miracle at MidCity is closed on Mondays and on Christmas Day.
Where to Stay in Huntsville, Alabama
Find the perfect place to rest your head on your visit to Huntsville, from the top rated accommodations to unique stays you can’t get anywhere else.
More Things To Do in Huntsville, Alabama
Just can’t get enough of the Rocket City? Check out these other things to do in Huntsville.
- How to Spend Christmas in Huntsville, Alabama
- A Guide to the Galaxy of Lights at Huntsville Botanical Garden
- The Coolest Bars in Huntsville, Alabama
Ready to visit Huntsville, Alabama? Plan your trip with these tips.
- Book your flight: Find the cheapest flights using Skyscanner, my favorite flight search engine.
- Find Accommodation: You can find top hotels in Huntsville using Hotels.com.
- Get Familiar With the City: Check out my Ultimate Guide to Huntsville to help plan your trip!
- Finish Your Christmas Shopping: Still looking for the perfect gift for your travel-lover? Check out my comprehensive Gifts for Travelers gift guide.
Have you visited Miracle at MidCity, the new popup Christmas bar in Huntsville, Alabama? Let me know in the comments!