Viator is one of the top websites to search for, compare, and book tours in destinations around the world. Here’s why you should consider using Viator to book tours for your next vacation.
What Is Viator?
Viator is a platform for booking tours, excursions, museum passes, and other kinds of travel activities. They have more than 200,000 activities to choose from. Viator partners with tour operators, attractions, and activity providers to give you the ability to plan your vacation in advance.
Tripadvisor acquired Viator in 2014, so you’re able to book your hotel and plan your vacation activities all in one place on Tripadvisor.
Benefits of Using Viator to Book Tours
There are plenty of benefits to booking a tour on Viator:
- Viator lists a variety of tours. You can find sightseeing tours, skip-the-line tickets for major attractions, group day tours, wine tastings, food tastings, and even airport transfers. You’ll be able to stick to the usual sights or find unique hidden gems.
- There’s a range of price points for tours, so you can find budget tours or luxury tours depending on your travel style. The prices are very reasonable compared to booking through a travel agency.
- You can find exclusive deals and discounts throughout the site. Just look for the red “Special Offer” marker.
- They have a “lowest price guarantee”. If you find the same tour cheaper within three days of booking or while you’re in your destination, Viator will refund you the difference in price.
- Viator offers a 24-hour cancellation policy on the majority of its tours.
- Like its parent company Tripadvisor, Viator has millions of reviews for the tours and activities they list. You can benefit from reading other travelers’ experiences before you book.
- They offer 24/7 multilingual customer care and support.
How to Book a Tour on Viator
1. To find a tour on Viator, search by your destination. If you know your travel dates, you can enter that as well.
2. On the left of the screen, you can filter using options such as tour type, attractions, recommendations, and nearby locations. At the top of the page, you have the option of filtering based on dates, price and deals, time of day and duration, rating, and more.
3. The search results page gives basic information about the tour, including a brief description, the price, the duration of the tour, and if the tour offers free cancellation.
4. Click on the name of the tour to see more information, including a full itinerary, what’s included in the tour, your departure and return details, the cancellation policy, and additional information.
5. You can view tour photos at the top of the page. Reviews are located past the tour information.
6. At the top of the page, fill out your travel dates and number of travelers and click Check Availability. This will give you the price for the number of travelers and times the tour is available.
7. Select a time and click Book Now to be taken to the checkout page.
Ready to take a vacation? Plan your trip with these tips.
- Find cheap accommodation: Use my tips for finding cheap accommodation for travel every time.
- Book your flight: Find the cheapest flights using Skyscanner, my favorite flight search engine.
- Pack for your vacation: Make sure you’ve packed everything you need by checking out my packing list resources.
Have you booked any tours using Viator? Let me know in the comments!