Want to be the main character of your own story? At Stranger Things: The Experience, you’ll be immersed in an interactive adventure with all your favorite Stranger Things characters. It’s time to be your own hero!
A special thanks to Fever for providing us with tickets to Stranger Things: The Experience in Atlanta! As always, all opinions are my own.
Stranger Things: The Experience is an immersive, interactive adventure that puts you inside your own Stranger Things storyline. You’ll learn how to unlock your power as you help your favorite Stranger Things characters escape from Hawkins Lab.
Stranger Things: The Experience Review
It’s the 1980s and you’ve volunteered to join a sleep study at the totally normal Hawkins Lab. Don your best 80s clothes and let the Hawkins Lab doctors sort you into test groups based on personality types.
Once you’ve entered the sleep study, things start to get a little weird. The doctors insist everything is fine and the study proceeds as normal.
The doctors have you do a puzzle and analyze you. During this test, you’ll realize that you have special powers! As the doctors leave you for the next test, you’ll meet some new friends: Dustin, Mike, Lucas, Erica, and Will need your help to save Eleven and Max from the Upside Down.
They’ll guide you through the adventure and into the Upside Down where you’ll help Eleven and Max with your newly found telekinetic powers.
Once you’ve saved the day, you’ll exit to the Mix-Tape, an 80s-nostalgia-filled area where you can unwind after being the hero.
At the Mix-Tape, you’re able to explore locations from the show like the Scoops Ahoy ice cream parlor, the Palace Arcade with working games, a Family Video store, and more.
You can buy Stranger Things merch from Rink-O-Mania, grab a slice of pizza from Surfer Boy Pizza, and get a cocktail or mocktail from The Upside bar.
Finish the experience off with some pictures in photo locations like the Byers’ living room, with a Demogorgon, an in an 80s-style photo booth.
What Was Great About the Experience
- The special effects were amazing! There are a few fun jump scares, and a 3-D moment that really puts you into the scene.
- It was really fun to have the Stranger Things characters right there with you to help you along.
- The Mix-Tape area was a fun addition with Insta-worthy photo opps.
- The storyline was totally unique, so you’re not just getting a replay of an episode but instead get something totally new.
What Was Not So Great
- The price is pretty steep, for both admission and the food and drink. Go on a weekday for a lower price, and probably less of a crowd.
- The wait was a little long for the experience to start, especially having bought a ticket for a particular time. Our wait was about 30 minutes after our ticket time, and it wasn’t a very crowded day. I’ve seen other comments where people have waited much longer as well.
Stranger Things: The Experience Details
Stranger Things: The Experience has ended. Check back for updates on new locations!
Ticket prices typically range from $33-$117 with your choice of standard admission or VIP admission and cheaper admission on weekdays. VIP admission comes with a complimentary drink, a special Stranger Things gift, and priority access.
80’s attire is encouraged, but is not required.
The experience is recommended for ages 13+. All minors must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian, and children under 5 will not be admitted.
Note: The experience contains sequences of flashing lights, which may affect those with photosensitivities.
Looking for more immersive experiences?
Do you just love visiting immersive experiences? Me too! Check out these immersive experience reviews:
- Art of the Brick Immersive Experience Review
- Harry Potter: The Exhibition Review
- Monet & Friends Alive Immersive Experience Review
- Save the Video Store: An Immersive 90s Experience Review
- Mad Hatter’s (Gin &) Tea Party Review
Ready to take a vacation? Plan your trip with these tips.
- Find cheap accommodation: Use my tips for finding cheap accommodation for travel every time.
- Book your flight: Find the cheapest flights using Skyscanner, my favorite flight search engine.
- Pack for your vacation: Make sure you’ve packed everything you need by checking out my packing list resources.
Have you been to Stranger Things: The Experience? Let me know in the comments!