Have you been looking for the perfect place to stay in Dahlonega? Huddle at Crooked Creek has 4 tiny homes that are the perfect getaway!
These tiny houses are packed with all the amenities of a full-sized cabin, but in a cozy little space that’s perfect for two. Kevin and I enjoyed our stay in the Gold Rush Tiny Home on our recent weekend trip to Dahlonega. It was like no where else we’ve ever stayed!
Nestled in the wilderness just 10 minutes from Downtown Dahlonega, these tiny homes offer a unique retreat that’s just what you need for a romantic vacation.
Huddle at Crooked Creek Overview
- King-sized bed
- Full kitchen
- Rainfall shower
- Common area with fire pits and grills
What is Huddle at Crooked Creek?
Huddle at Crooked Creek is a vacation rental that consists of 4 tiny homes, a communal area in a repurposed shipping container that has space for grilling and gathering, and two fire pits.
Each tiny home has a unique theme. We stayed in the Gold Rush Tiny Home, which is themed around Dahlonega’s gold rush history. There are also the Tree Tops Tiny Home, Mountain Trail Tiny Home, and Magnolia Tree Tiny Home.
You can rent each tiny home own its own, or you can rent out all of them!
Each home can accommodate up to 4 people. There is a loft king bed and a pull-out queen-sized sleeper sofa.
Huddle at Crooked Creek Features
Inside the Tiny Home
The inside of each tiny home is pretty much the same, with slight differences in layout and decor.
We stayed in the Gold Rush Tiny Home, so everything was decorated in gold as a tribute to Dahlonega’s gold rush history.
Inside is very open-concept. There is a living room with a couch that can pull out into a queen-sized bed. A small TV is on a rolling cart that is located across the room in the reading nook, so you can move it wherever you want it. The reading nook has a chair and a shelf of puzzles, games, and books about Dahlonega.
Next to the living room is the kitchen, which has bar seating, a refrigerator, freezer, oven, stove, dishwasher, microwave, double sink, toaster, Keurig, and coffee maker. The cabinets have all the dishes you could need. They also provide coffee, tea, snacks, and everything you need for s’mores.
There is a laundry room attached to the kitchen.
The bathroom is located downstairs by the reading nook. It has a large shower with a rainfall shower head. They provide plenty of cozy towels (much better than you’d get at a hotel), shampoo, conditioner, and body wash.
Stairs over the reading nook take you up to the loft. Here, there’s a king-sized bed, and still space to walk around.
Large windows let in a lot of natural light. For the ones that are too high to reach, you’ll use a remote control to raise and lower the shades.
The house also has two air conditioning / heating units: one for downstairs and one for upstairs. These are also controlled by remote.
The Outdoor Space
The tiny homes each have a small porch. Ours had a hanging egg chair on one end and a small table with seating for two at the other end.
Each home has its own custom stained glass marker with the name of the home on it out front. This makes it easy to identify which home you’re staying at.
There is a dedicated parking space for each house right out in front.
The Communal Space
The property has a large communal space and two shared fire pits. And since you can rent out all 4 tiny homes if you want, this would be a great place for a group trip!
The central Huddle area is located in a repurposed 40′ shipping container that’s in the middle of the homes. There’s a great mural on the backside of it. Inside, there’s a covered outdoor living room, and outside is a large deck with grills and outdoor games.
There is a fire pit located between each set of tiny homes. There’s a nice gravel pathway leading down to the fire pit. The fire pits have plenty of Adirondack chairs around them, and they have a grill top as well.
All guests have access to the level 2 Electric Vehicle Charger that’s located on the side of the Magnolia Tree Tiny House.
Pros of Huddle at Crooked Creek
There are a lot of great reasons to stay at Huddle at Crooked Creek when you visit Dahlonega!
- Pets are allowed. They even provide towels in the bathroom for your furry friend.
- The tiny homes are just a 10 minute drive from Downtown Dahlonega and all the top things to do in Dahlonega.
- There is also a Dollar Tree close by, and you’re only about 5 minutes from Montaluce Winery. These homes have a great location whether you’re interested in exploring the wineries or going for a hike near Dahlonega!
- The homes are in a peaceful and secluded area.
- Even though the homes are small, they don’t feel like it. It’s more like apartment-sized, and definitely a space you feel like you could live in. Kevin and I were very happy to not feel like we were on top of each other with every turn!
- There’s no fuss at check-out. You’re not expected to clean the entire house like some hosts would have you do. You just leave and lock up like you would in a hotel room.
Our Experience at Huddle at Crooked Creek
We enjoyed our stay at the Gold Rush Tiny Home at Huddle at Crooked Creek! It was a lovely place to stay for a couple days and get away from the city.
This is definitely one of my top places to stay in Dahlonega!
FAQs About Huddle at Crooked Creek Tiny Homes
Check-in is at 4 p.m. and check-out is at 11 a.m. They may be able to accommodate early check-ins or late check-outs if you contact the host.
Yes, the tiny homes have two fire pits on the ground and fire wood is available.
Downtown Dahlonega, the historic square, and the University of North Georgia are only about 4.5 miles, or a 10 minute drive from the tiny homes.
Pets are allowed for an additional fee.
Final Thoughts: Is Huddle at Crooked Creek a good place to stay in Dahlonega?
Huddle at Crooked Creek’s collection of tiny homes provides a unique and memorable retreat for couples, families, and small groups.
With all the amenities of a full-sized cabin in a cozy little space, these tiny houses are perfect for romantic getaways and family fun.
With its convenient location, pet-friendly policy, and no-fuss check-out, it’s clear why Huddle at Crooked Creek is a top pick for a tiny home getaway in Dahlonega. Check prices and availability at Huddle at Crooked Creek to start planning your stay!
More Dahlonega Tips
See why Dahlonega is golden! Check out these other Dahlonega itineraries:
- Barefoot Hills Hotel Review: Where to Stay in Dahlonega, Georgia
- A Romantic Mystery Weekend in Dahlonega, Georgia
- 26 Fun Things to Do in Dahlonega, Georgia
- Georgia Hikes: Preacher’s Rock from Woody Gap
- Visiting the Chestatee Wildlife Preserve and Zoo
Ready to visit Dahlonega, Georgia? Plan your trip with these tips.
- Book your flight: Find the cheapest flights using Skyscanner, my favorite flight search engine.
- Find accommodation: You can find top cabin rentals in Dahlonega using VRBO.
- Get packing: Make sure you’ve packed everything you need with my packing list resources.
- Explore Dahlonega in a New Way: Enjoy a Mystery Weekend in Dahlonega to discover more of the town.
Have you stayed at the Huddle at Crooked Creek tiny homes? Let me know your thoughts in the comments below!