Enchanted Safari is a fun holiday trek over land, air, and sea for a wild Christmas light experience. Check out my review of World of Illumination Enchanted Safari here.
A special thanks to World of Illumination for hosting us for a preview of Enchanted Safari in Marietta. As always, all opinions are my own.
Take a drive through this wild holiday light show for an adventurous start to the season! My review will tell you everything you need to know about visiting the World of Illumination Enchanted Safari Christmas light show.
Enchanted Safari is currently on display at Six Flags White Water in Marietta, Georgia from November 15, 2023 through December 31, 2023. Use promo code WOI2023 for 15% off weekday tickets from November 15, 2023 through December 14, 2023!
What is World of Illumination?
World of Illumination is billed as the world’s largest drive-through animated light show. They create uniquely themed drive-through light displays for an unforgettable experience.
They started in 2019 with only two light displays in Arizona. This year, they have 6 different shows in 6 locations including Georgia, Arizona, Utah, and Missouri.
Each year, they rotate the displays through each location so you can have a new experience. They have themes like Reindeer Road, Rockin’ Christmas, Cosmic Sleighride, Arctic Adventure, and Candy Rush.
Enchanted Safari Animated Light Show
World of Illumination’s Enchanted Safari is a mile-long drive through more than a million colorful lights and hundreds of animated displays synchronized to holiday music. You’ll see displays like a menagerie of caroling animals, dancing flamingos, and even dinosaurs decking the halls.
Tickets and Getting There
Enchanted Safari is open at Six Flags White Water in Marietta, Georgia from November 15, 2023 through December 31, 2023 on Tuesdays through Sundays from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. (plus special holiday dates of Monday December 18 and December 25).
Tickets cost $39.99 per car on Tuesdays-Thursdays and $49.99 per car on Fridays-Sundays and holidays. You can purchase tickets online and at the gate. Use promo code WOI2023 for 15% off weekday tickets from November 15, 2023 through December 14, 2023!
The gates don’t open until 6 p.m. So if you arrive early for your 6 p.m. ticket, you’ll have to sit outside the gates.
From there, you’ll drive through a long lane before coming to a split between ticket holders and those who still need to purchase tickets. For those with tickets, you’ll be directed to one of many lanes to have your ticket scanned for entry.
What You’ll See During Enchanted Safari
Once you’ve scanned your ticket, you’ll tune your radio to the provided channel, turn off your headlights, and drive at 3 mph through the world’s largest drive-thru animated light show.
Enchanted Safari is like a wild holiday adventure through land, air, and sea. You’ll meet all different kinds of animals along the way, all decked out for the holidays.
You’ll start out on the beach with palm trees, then make your way under the sea with sharks and tentacles. Then you’ll come up on land where you’ll see elephants out on safari, and even some dinosaurs. You’ll take to the air with flying reindeer. And at the end, you’ll even come across some alien spaceships.
All the lights are synchronized to the music on the radio. And the music playing is cool music that the kids will love. There was “You Make It Feel Like Christmas” by Gwen Stafani and Blake Shelton; Selena Gomez and The Weeknd’s “Winter Wonderland”; and TobyMac and Owl City’s “Light of Christmas”.
There are only a few songs, so you’ll likely hear them multiple times on your trip through. When the show resets, the lights and music go dark for a second before starting over at the beginning again.
Santa sits in a comfy chair in the middle by the giant Christmas trees. He waves and “Ho ho ho’s” while you drive past. Sometimes elves will be there to take his place if Santa is busy in the workshop that night.
Depending on how fast or slow you drive, or how crowded it is when you visit, it can take anywhere from 15-30 minutes to go through the light show. It only took us about 15 minutes to drive through.
Tips for Visiting Enchanted Safari
- During the busy season, you can expect longer wait times. Pre-Thanksgiving and on a weeknight is probably the best time to go for no wait.
- If you really don’t want to wait, book a 6 p.m. ticket. We had only 3 cars in front of us right at 6 p.m.
- There is a bathroom pull-off just before you scan your tickets.
- Since tickets are priced per car, feel free to (safely) pack your car with friends and family and split the cost.
- Save money on admission by going on a weeknight. Use promo code WOI2023 for 15% off weekday tickets from November 15, 2023 through December 14, 2023!
- Please don’t be that person who stops at every display. They specifically tell you not to stop, and you’re causing the people who haven’t gone through yet to wait even longer.
More Winter Fun in Atlanta
Find even more fun winter activities in and around Atlanta, Georgia! Check out these posts for your winter inspiration:
- License to Chill Snow Island at Margaritaville is Full of Winter Fun
- 22 Magical Holiday Events in Georgia This Season
- 14 Incredible Holiday Light Displays in Georgia
- Where to Go Outdoor Ice Skating in Atlanta, Georgia
Ready to visit Atlanta, Georgia? Plan your trip with these tips.
- Book Your Flight: Find the cheapest flights using Skyscanner, my favorite flight search engine.
- Find Accommodation: You can find top hotels in Atlanta using Hotels.com.
- Save on Attractions: Save 40% on admission to Atlanta’s top attractions using the Atlanta CityPASS.
- Finish Your Christmas Shopping: Still looking for the perfect gift for your travel-lover? Check out my comprehensive Gifts for Travelers gift guide.
Have you experienced World of Illumination Enchanted Safari? Let me know what you thought of this drive-thru animated light show in the comments!